Investing in financial markets is one of my interests.
I’ve built this report to help me track the performance of my investment in stocks.
As you may suspect it is something that I particularly care and for that reason this report is a real world scenario!
Due to privacy matters I am only showing % weights and variations on the investments. However, the truth is that’s the most important outcome of the analysis. Just assume x dollars and do the mats to convert it to dollar amount
Technically, I’ve used a few distinct approaches to collect and transform the data used on this report:
- Excel file located in OneDrive for manual input of my transactions;
- R Quantmod package to scrap daily prices from Google Finance
- HTML direct query Yahoo Finance for the EUR/USD forex rate.
- Image URL method to display the companies logos (OneDrive repository);
- Parameter and Invoked Function to change the Proxy and automatically recalculate the figures;
- A bunch of measures with var … return if …, lookup table and others not so fancy but effective technics
- and more.
This still work-in-progress project, so not be surprise if it had changed meanwhile.
If you are interested to know mora about this report and/or the technics I’ve used here, just drop me an email or leave a comment below.